29 October, 2015

An Evil mastermind from the root

Even Evil-er sounding than him!
I've always known that one day I would find my calling... Yesterday I was an Evil Mastermind! Kind of. A good friend of mine needed a few lines read for an animation project she's working on, and I'm happy to oblige! An opportunity to say silly things with an evil voice? Of course I'd volunteer! So I went to the almost-soundproof store-room in the back of the shop to record my lines. (I say "almost-soundproof" because it's only "sound-proof" if nobody is nearby...)

It was there that I spoke of silly things with great gusto and pizzazz, repeating my lines until I was satisfied with the outcome. Fortunately she was satisfied with my evil voice acting!
P.S. That wasn't my calling. Probably...

Plants!


I should not be trusted with living things, plants and animals. I have a poor record up to now... In primary school I had a dwarf hamster and it died. I haven't told anyone about this yet but it was the same day I forgot to give it water before I went to school! Maybe it was gonna die anyway, I'm not sure... Do hamsters normally survive one day without water? That was the first and last time I had a hamster.

I've tried to grow a bonsai tree from a seed too. What a failure... Did you know you have to keep the soil moist ALL THE TIME!? Too much effort. Anyway, it dried out and didn't live. Then I got a tumble weed! What an easy plant, it dries up into a ball to reserve it's water when it's dry! I lost it... I think it fell on the floor and got thrown in the trash :(
Mine looks almost exactly
like this one!
Just a little dirtier...

My only 2 successful plants to date are one cactus and an avocado seed. The seed is sitting in a glass jar with water, sprouting a short green stem and white, tendrily roots. My cactus on the other hand lives in a small pot outside, flourishing in the sunlight and complete lack of attention! It didn't need me to begin with, in fact all the careless arms and evil kitty cats did it more harm than good. It even has scars from its captive days gone by, before it attained its freedom in the sun. It is a little hard to appreciate up close since it pokes me when I touch it...

There are actually some other plants I got right, but they're virtual. Doesn't count. Plants Vs. Zombies, for example, and a game I'm playing where you plant pot-plants in pots and sell the fruits. So many successful plants in those games... Yay, real-life virtual success!

Yours in writing
Benjamin

5 comments:

  1. I can’t wait to hear your voice recording of the evil master mind.
    I’m sure that it’ll be Oscar wining material.
    Very excited to hear it!!!!!

    Don’t worry babe. Taking care of pets & plants is actually very hard work.
    Actually taking care of virtual plants & animals does count in my opinion.
    Personally they cute but I’m not really a fan of hamsters.
    I had one when I was little but it ran away.
    So…. Sad.

    One thing that I do know is that you’ll always be able to look after the people you care about. I’m talking about your family, your friend and especially me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mwu ha ha ha ha ha!!! A very funny post again. And no, I do not think the hamster died because you didn't give it water. Hamsters are hardier than that. It was just being a hamster. FORGIVE YOURSELF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha hamsters are hardier than that, but they also often drop dead for no obvious reason, which would seem to contradict their hardiness. :P

    Hamsters are actually really good for teaching life-lessons. They teach kids how to care for other beings, they teach kids that sad things happen and that death is a thing that happens regularly, and they teach that there isn't always a reason for the bad things that happen...

    But that sometimes there is a reason. Like not giving your hamster water. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK...
    1. Hamster point made. I used to breed them when I was a youngster...and I have to live with memory of watching mommy hamster EAT her first brood (not kidding!). You got off lightly!

    2. Sorry to tell you this BUT...I think that avocado pip is a lost cause...sunlight seems to be a prerequisite for chlorophyll-filled beings...

    3. Not ONE of our pets have starved to death since they all (yes ALL of them) have been in your care.

    4. Don't forget about the Ficus Benjamin (actual name) that has flourished and continues to do so since I placed it under your capable green thumb...

    5. With a surname like "Gardiner", you'd think I'd be good at it...I think I might suffer from a "brown" thumb...oh, sweet irony...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still looking after the Ficus Benjamin!? O_0
      Oh my... I haven't started watering it until recently, using Ninja's left-over water when I give her a fresh bowl. Someone must have been watering it, it's still got leaves. Yeah. Someone was looking after it for the last few years, I'm sure of that... Mostly.

      Delete