07 December, 2015

Amusement at a price

9GAG

Ignore the rubik's cube. A rubik's cube
would imply that you have to think.

Bored, not much work to do, let's browse 9GAG! Laughter, jokes, popular internet memes, YAY!
(Later that day, after some time ticks by...) Oh! 9GAG updated! Check Facebook posts, what's happening folks?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets swept up in these things, right? I try not to let it make my work suffer and I can easily go days without straying off the straight and narrow path, but all I need is a morning with a slow work-load to entice me to some cheap entertainment and I sink into the pit of silly jokes and overly used punch lines. I feel much better about using my time to write up new blog posts, but 9GAG and Facebook allow me the freedom of not thinking much. Time flies when you aren't thinking...
...
...

Oh right! Back to writing. So I am easily amused, that's a fact. Simple things amuse my mind, like silly jokes and small fun games. Sometimes I catch myself doing absolutely nothing in "Standby" mode, just staring into nothing-ness. That happens a lot and it really confuses people... Hahahahaha, I love it!

So the "Price" I mentioned in the title would refer, I suppose, to wasting time doing something silly. Not loads of time necessarily, but time you could be using more wisely. For instance, ending war in the Middle-East. I mean really people? Your country needs you! Forget 9GAG! It helps no-one! Alternatively you could study or be working. But it's not my place to judge... If you want to browse 9GAG or social media platforms all day then go for it, and please don't call me a hypocrite because I'm doing the same. Thanks in advance...

How far I've gotten right now...

On a side note


I'm starting a web-comic! I might post them on this Blog, but I have no due date for you yet. I'll release the first one in the next 2 weeks if I don't lose an arm before I finish it. Nothing fancy, just a four-panel comic (more-or-less) about my super-hero, Mr Immortal. It will be arbitrary with a dark sense of humour... Look forward to it! That's it for me now, have a lovely day!

Yours in writing
Benjamin 

3 comments:

  1. Trust me you defiantly aren’t the only one that gets swept up in things. I usually gets swept up by writing posts for my blog, doing quizzes and research for my posts. I also search for cool quotes and images. Lol…
    Time does really fly when you aren’t thinking about much.
    Or when you are having fun. Don’t worry I’m also easily amused in certain situations. Hahaha…. Its creepy when you stare into space Ben. You make a very good point. Blogging is a good idea when it comes to starting awareness campaigns. Cant wait to see your web-comic babe. Rather don’t give a due-date. That just causes major stress and anxiety. Well… due-dates have that effect on me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING the web comic... Ha ha! Well played.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holding my breath. ..come on already Ben, or else no christmas present for you😎

    ReplyDelete