04 November, 2015

I philosophise, therefore I am

I philosophise on some philosophical philosophies from time to time, even if they're just my frantic thoughts and ramblings. Thinking of things is often quite fun, having new ideas...
A so-called "Cog in the Machine"?
Don't be one if you can help it.

But now I have no idea what else to write about on the subject... Any ideas?

No?

Come on, it's okay, I won't bite.

I'm waiting...

Well, if you don't want to help me out then that's fine!

I'll just throw a tantrum and write a short story!

The Philosopher


A boy, only in his teens. He literally has the entire world ahead of him to go and explore. A hundred thousand choices and a million paths he could take each and every day. With the endless world of possibilities in front of him, there's only one thing to do!

Think. Think long and hard about it.

"Now what? I need to ponder on my future for a while, so I guess I'll get a job in the meantime!"

After a "short while" turned into a "Longer amount of time" the boy become a young man. Using time to think of what he wants to do in life can't have been a bad decision right? I mean, he doesn't want to mess up and waste time on pointless endeavors. And the last thing he wants to do is grow old with regrets from paths not taken. So then what is the right decision to make for his future? Should he be studying something or working somewhere? But he has no idea what to do or where to do it... Will he ever know for sure?

So he works and lives and marries with kids,
day to day thinking and dreaming of things.
But what will he do? He has no dreams of his own
He has no true goals and he feels like a drone.
If he moves, will he fall or fly?
Thinking too much by-and-by,
He may truly love life,
Hates to waste it though.
So what comes next?
Try to move...
Live life...
How?

THE END!

Hm... That was terrible. Depressing even... Glad I'm not that guy! What to do now?...

Yours in writing
Benjamin

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I know exactly how that guy (who is totally not you) feels. Waitressing does feel like a waste of time. But figuring out future plans is hard! So yes, I commiserate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I get how that guy feels.
    Brilliant post as usual babe.
    Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only because there was an update to the story while I was typing...

      Delete
  4. That reminds me of a story:
    I heard about this middle-aged man that once was once a young man.

    He felt quite pressured about how little he had achieved when he was young. Only once he was older (I seem to remember he was around 43 at the time), did he realise that he had ALREADY had a full and rich life. Full of adventure and variety and joy and love.

    And you know what that middle-aged man that was surrounded by adventure and variety and joy and love finally realised???

    That he was only half-way through...

    Anyway - that's what I heard...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not depressing at all - just real. And by the way ( and I hope this doesn't offend you) that was poetry. The good kind.

    ReplyDelete