27 November, 2015

Dreams (the Goal-orientated kind)

What are my dreams in life? I don't know if I really have any of my own... Well here's what I want out of life in the next 10 years or so: To be happily married and have kids, and I'd like to be paid lots while working less. I don't dream of travelling the world, though I do have interests in learning how to scuba dive, fly a hang-glider and that's pretty much it. I wouldn't call that a dream I guess, more of a curiosity/interest.

I think I would also like to go to America for a while. That could be a lot of fun, spending time with my grand-parents as well - Puka and Grammy. If they'll have me :P

From looking at other people, dreams appear quite motivational. A goal to work towards that you can use to better yourself and even endure harsh times for. How do you give yourself a dream though? Is it as simple as deciding to give your all for something you really want? Then is somebody able to crush your dreams, or are you the only one in control? I am not sure. I know little about dreams, I just want to get rich and retire young somehow... So this post isn't a motivational one, I guess what I want to tell you all is to not let others get you down. You decide your fate in my opinion, work towards what you love. I'm going for the gold prize of retiring soon, just try your best to do what you love because that will make you happy.

If you have goals, go for them and if you have dreams, just keep dreaming until they become reality (by which I mean to keep your dreams on your mind and use them as your drive). Nobody knows your life and ambitions better than you do, so don't let others decide what's best for you.

My last word of advice would be to use caution in differentiating between dreams and interests. If you're interested in something but aren't certain it is attainable, keep it on the back-burner for now. Focus on manageable tasks. You could always decide it really is your dream to become an astronaut later in life :)

Most importantly of all, don't confuse life-goal type dreams with sleepy-time dreams. You won't fly if you jump off a building no matter how much you believe in fairies...
Don't do it Timmy!
Yours in writing
Benjamin

3 comments:

  1. Very good post babe! People usually develop their dreams at a young age.
    When those get crushed a new dream can be developed.
    That is if they haven’t lost their hope and faith like I have.
    I don’t know how to follow my latest dream.
    Talking to my family about it is too much of a risk.
    I can’t risk having another dream crushed.
    My spirit is already crushed to its limit.
    So to answer you question I suppose you can be in control but dreams can get crushed very easily.
    It’s not easy to not let people get you down.
    You have a point about doing what you love.
    The problem is that it wont necessarily pay that well.
    Unfortunately people need money to survive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I want to help you with your dreams in any way I can. So how about a plan? Taking one step at a time, you should try to get to America. Since that's where all the action is it sounds like a good starting point. Then do some more research on how to over-come every obstacle in your way. A small thing to need to get used to is make-up! You'll be smothered in the stuff doing what you want, so you should start getting yourself used to it, little by little.

      If money is an obstacle, then there's a simple but difficult way to over-come that, by working another job. You won't have much free time then but it will allow you to do something that puts a smile on your face.

      My last piece of advice for you is something I've seen in motivational posters: "If your dreams don't scare you, then you aren't dreaming big enough!". So we need to plan a trip to America within the next few years ;)

      Delete