25 November, 2015

International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women

That's what today is. It just so happens to also be a Wednesday! You know what that means? It is the middle of the week. So! International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, from here-on referred to only once more as IDEVAW. I won't mention the acronym more than twice in this post. I recently received a flier and information sheet for "16 Days of Activism for no Violence Against Women & Children" which takes place from today until International Human Rights Day on the 10th of December.
Yes, remain calm

So I would like to say a few words on the matter, hence this blog post has been brought into existence... To start off with, I used to be a children myself. But more importantly, I have children cousins and they are adorable! And I have a lovely woman in my life that has my heart, as well as women sisters, a woman mom, my other-mother, and many more women in my family. I love them all, and I'd like to say that if anyone would dare to hurt them then they'd get to see a nasty side of me that even I haven't seen.

All humans should be thinking the same thing in my opinion. There is no excuse for violence or abuse against any other person, whether they be a woman, child or man. To treat another human with no respect or as an inferior creature really shows others what kind of degraded scum you are, because only something less than human can take joy from another person's suffering.

Well, that's all I'll say on the matter for now, I don't want my emotions to interfere with the humorous style of my words! I kid, I kid... This is an important matter that I urge everybody to think long and hard about. If you know of someone that is abused inside or outside of any relationship, by any stranger or any family member, it is up to you to report it.
Do it! Stand up and make a difference.
Alrighty then my readers, have a lovely IDEVAW day. Always keep your eyes open to what's happening around you. Being a child should not be a scary thing...

Yours in writing
Benjamin

3 comments:

  1. Very good topic babe. I’m so proud of you. Well done!!! You must show me the flier that you are talking about. I’m very curious to read it. A children? Lol. Oh Ben. Hahaha soooo hilarious. Thanks for the compliment. You have my heart too & I’m honored to have yours. I agree with your opinion completely. Maybe you should do a post about how to deal with abuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me so very proud. That's MY SON! You are such a good man, and it feels me with joy to see how you treat others and what you expect of yourself. Best son in the world - that's you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FILLS me with joy! But you do give me many feels of joy, too.

    ReplyDelete