19 October, 2015

Manga days

Manga are Japanese comic books and novels, aimed both at adults and children. They're actually quite similar to comics really, and (unless they've been mirrored) will be read from right to left. Manga is super entertaining! I don't read much unless I have pictures in-between all the wordy-words, and I indulge in manga for hours upon hours! I lose track of time digitally flipping through the pages until I've read every chapter up-to-date.

What I assume these illiterate students do.
-"Yes! The answer was 'STICK MAN'!"
-"Score!"
So I'm not normally an avid reader, I have read only 2 or 3 non-pictured books. Let's see... One was "The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents", and the other one was "Only You Can Save Mankind". Good books, I can still remember a little bit of those stories! To be fair though, I was FORCED to read them! My primary school was afraid that we would advance into High School without having the capacity to read. Yes, you read correctly (if you aren't illiterate). It is apparently possible to pass grade 7 without reading. Personally I found those final exams to have a few too many written words in them, it boggles my mind - perhaps if you correctly guessed the question and drew an accurate picture of the answer, they might mark leniently?

Anyways, I made it to High School and even passed it with flying colors so I'm fine and I read good lol.

Gamer at <3


That great One Piece game is as fun and chaotic in co-op as I'd hoped it would be, I convinced Jess to play with me yesterday. To my joyful surprise, she enjoyed the game as well! I struggled to get both controllers to work at first and I had to play with the tiny Num Pad. Even though I completely lost track of the controls, I still had fun :P I made them both work after that for Mucho Grande Fun times!

Yours in writing
Benjamin

2 comments:

  1. When you say you were forced to read, you really mean I forced you to read - since those are both books that I gave you. And at least your two books are written by brilliant authors! Maybe one day, you'll let me introduce you to some other excellent, entertaining stories. If not, though, you can find delightful graphic novels from the same deliciously twisted, clever people...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good Ben!!!
    Lol.
    Most people are forced to read in primary school.
    Made me hate reading when I was little.
    Now I like it but still give me some good anime any day.

    ReplyDelete