21 October, 2015

Artsy-Craftsy

The "THINGY!" In question.
I've been feeling a bit Artsy-Craftsy lately. For the last 3-or-so months I've collected disks from old hard drives for something. I didn't have much of an inkling of an idea for what I wanted to do with them, I just wanted them. They're reflective and I like 'em. Don't judge me!

I thought I'd do something with them at some point, and finally I did! I made a thingy to hang from high places :P I don't know what I made, I have seen stuff with the same style but if you recognise it please let me know what it is. Thank you! So I used fishing wire to connect it all, 2 disks (as you can see), a wee little disco ball (seriously, just open your eyes, it's there clear as day), a mysterious oceanic beast's spinal bone, and that blue stone on the right. The stone was a gift from my dear younger sister, the disco ball from my parents, and I found the bone on a beach some years back. Adventuring off on my own if I remember correctly!

I want to make something with this kinda feel
For my next trick, I think I'd like to create a ridiculous mirror of confusion. Yes, that would please me... I shall string the remaining disks together expertly and precisely for the most discombobulating mirror you've never seen. I will put a picture of it on my blog when I succeed!

If you have any other good ideas before I butcher them all, I'd appreciate the input (by butcher, I mean drill them full of holes. That's the idea, then string 'em up). I don't explore this creativity inside of me all that often so I suspect it may turn out fairly ridiculously. But as long as I have fun doing it then there shouldn't be any issues! If you think there is an issue with that, don't tell me! I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

Yours faithfully in the written word
Benjamin

2 comments:

  1. Great job Babe.
    Very Good Post!!!!!
    I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time I've smiled all day :)

    I don't care that its only 8;42am :/ Still counts!!

    ReplyDelete