05 October, 2015

Daily battles with fear

As they say: "Scared as an egg"
Something scares me nearly every day. A little or a lot, either way I get frightened easily. For instance! There was a customer that bought a P.C. from me yesterday. Software included, it was a hefty sale. He was happy, we were happy, he left. Early this morning he came in and asked if he could swap his desktop for a laptop. WHY!? Because his wife wanted him to purchase something "mobile"... Leaving aside the fact that he didn't consult his handler prior to buying a heftily-priced P.C., this scared me because I wasn't even sure what to do :1 I told him I'd need to consult the Great and Mighty Boss-lady on the matter.


I know it's a situation that is not riddled with despair or suffering, in the worst case scenario I just have to receive the desktop and book out a laptop. I get scared anyway! Stoopid worrisome brain. I bet I'm just scared of the trouble it'll cause me, thanks to my extreme laziness. Good news is the guy came back, after consulting his handler, and all is well. The solution lay with all their existing mobile devices (e.g. her laptop, their phones and tablets... They'll be fine). He took a WiFi dongle to avoid cluttered LAN cables on the walls and left us as a Happy Chappie. Yay! I narrowly avoided a mildly irritating situation. Smooth B)

To keep some form of consistency for the week, I shall write more on the subject of fear in my next post!

More of a hobby, to be accurate

A sustainable schedule!


You will have to wait for that next post!!! From today onwards I shall aim to update 3 times weekly! Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Why? Because I wanna. Firstly, it's tricky to get a post out every day. Secondly, I need to actually do stuff to blog about! So I'm taking the weekends off too, I get laziest on those 2 days :P

If you have a problem, take it up with life. Life is unfair though... Don't expect to get a friendly response. Life can also be a little b***h at times, so don't take it personally!

Yours truly in the written word,
Benjamin- HOORAH!

2 comments:

  1. Good job.
    Keep it up Ben!!!!!
    Can you give some techniques about how to deal with fear in a positive way in your next post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also get randomly scared about stupid things. Like phoning strangers, or receiving phone calls from withheld numbers, or making doctor's appointments. :P In times like these, I do not understand my brain... And feel very much like a young child. And yet, I'm old enough to drive a car (which is basically sitting behind the wheel of an explosion machine) and to cook (with gas and fire - more potential explosions) and to get married (hopefully no explosions there!) and do other grown up things, which oddly enough, I don't find scary at all... Weird.

    ReplyDelete