09 October, 2015

FEAR Can be over-come! But how?

So many people tell you that fear is simply an obstacle to be defeated - that you can show your fears who's boss! I don't know how. Scary things scare me! Not knowing what's happening frightens me most of the time. The idea that something could change my life, no matter how insignificant, is a scary one to have when I don't know how it'll happen. It's got an element of excitement too, but mostly that deep-dark-relentlessly-scary-&-intimidating fear!

I am unhappy with work. (anything I say from here-on-out is something you can not quote me on! Because that could get me into shit. Pretend I'm lying about the following things I say. As my reader, you know that I wouldn't lie to you, right? But for my sake let's pretend I am) I am currently - or not currently - being made to work every other Sunday. (Yes, they ask if I can work, but by saying "No" when no-one else is able to would pretty much be telling my boss-lady that I don't care about the business and I want to quit...). I miss my weekends, this is getting ridiculous! Speaking of fear, I'm afraid I'll leave here before I find another job, and have no income. Scary!!!

I've been reading up on the following website for labour laws. Click here: HERE! <--- Click on that! The one that says "here"! It explains (in layman's terms) the laws by which all businesses in S.A. should be governed. Informative! Haha, you can actually press on any 'here' that you want, I linked them all to the page! Here again, so go check it out there! (yes, I even stuck one into the word "there", since is says 't-here')
The logo of the Department of labour of S.A.
Obviously.

More on fear - and how to "Deal with it."


One or two basic tips on the matter that I may be so bold as to suggest:
  • Remain calm, and think things through carefully. Assess the situation as best you can. Ask yourself: "Is this a rational fear?". If it's not, Deal with it. You don't think it's rational so what's there to be afraid of?
  • If that fear is irrational and you find that you can not Deal with it, you may have a phobia. I can't help with that.
  • And if that fear is crippling, then don't move! Oh wait... You should move! Try to change your angle, see it from a different point of view.
  • Ask for advice from friends and family, they just might have some insight on the matter which can help to pull you through.
Well that's really all I've got, I suck at handling fear. I tense up and freak out, panic and sh*t myself. Not a good role model in this regard.

Although, having said that, here's what always helps me. Support!
My loving family being loving, my caring girlfriend being caring, my nosy friends being nosy! (And ultimately helping me) And really any support where I can find it. So support your family and friends, they need you more than you know.

So tiny and horrifyingly... Pudgy! NOOO!
Run away! Hurry! AAAH!
P.S. Sorry for the super late post, I wasn't in a good place for writing things the last few days.

Benjamin, signing- AAAH! SPIDER!!!

4 comments:

  1. Pff. Just deal with it, man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Ben. So proud. You truly are a legend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha!! SO what you're saying is just "keep calm and keep being Ben-jammin"??

    ReplyDelete