21 September, 2015

Just another day at the office

Today I got an Email from one of the suppliers we deal with. They're having a small competition. Send them a selfie when you're biting into your lunch and the funniest picture wins a small prize - Memory sticks and the like. So I took the following picture. I truly tried to think of a witty or clever joke to play out, but alas! Nothing came to mind. So I ate the same way I always do:
Chinese, YUM!
Actually Carlos took it... So it's not really a selfie, more of a wildlife shot. And to be honest, he's also the one that suggested I stick my face into my food. Anyway, we'll see what the judges say :P

That nice AK-300 keyboard!


So! I've got good news, bad news, good and bad news, great news and the best news!

  • Good news first! I found out how to swap the black keys for the yellow ones by using a ruler, Mr. Herrera told me about it. I popped them off with ease!
  • Bad news! And this was rather unfortunate, the keyboard was cheap and shitty. It has ghosting keys, so WASD doesn't function in conjunction with the arrow keys - amongst other useful button combos. Right... Who'd want to run left and shoot at the same time? Noobs that can't dodge bullets by standing in one place, that's who. :/
  • Good and bad news! So after much researching I discovered that's a hardware limitation, not a factory fault (on a keyboard that boasts a "Gaming Keyboard Styling" - but I suppose it didn't say "Gaming Keyboard Functionality"). Can't give back a functioning keyboard... Here's the good news! There was a factory fault in the keyboard! It pressed the Enter key for absolutely no reason which was quite irritating. Unbelievably so, to be honest!
  • Great news! This meant that I could swap out my keyboard for a functioning one, and I upgraded (by adding a little cash) to get a far superior keyboard that has a blue back light and key customization! The Armaggeddon Kalashnikov AK-550i.
  • Best news! I tested it out and it's awesome :D
Not my keyboard, but it is! Same model
but I stole the picture from the inter-webs again.

My apologies to all my loyal readers for not posting this weekend. I spent all my time off with my woman, it was magical! In addition, to add to my happiness - for the first time since I started working here (so nearly 4 months) I had a long weekend! 2 whole days, Saturday and Sunday! So nice XD I hardly did anything productive, half my laundry and... That's it!

Now Good Day, sir/madam.
I said GOOD DAY!
Ben

2 comments:

  1. What an incredibly daft keyboard. :P And how lovely that you could have two whole days off! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was so temped to push your face into the food..... i'm not evil just a little cynical and it would of been a sure win but congrats you won anyways!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete