18 September, 2015

Being attractive and approachable

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, your opinion doesn't count!

-much...


Behold, "The Beholder"
Even if you don't think so or you don't want to admit it, someone probably finds you attractive. In
most cases, one of those people should be your partner. hopefully. If you aren't rich or famous, they probably think you look okay at least. I've been incredibly good-looking for as long as I can remember, and honestly it seems like people enforce a positive self-image way more often than warning you of the dangers of an over-inflated ego or lack of humility. It can get you into shit...

Seriously, I get hit on often enough. A few days ago I was told that I have beautiful eyes! How lovely :) what a charming gentleman. And I've been asked out for a drink before, such a generous offer, but I'm in a relationship! And I'm still not into men... I miss getting hit on by women, that happened a lot more often when I was getting them drunk. Back in the bar-tending days of old, being forced to drink free alcohol and sleeping until mid-afternoon after a night shift. Good times... I'm glad they're over, but still - good times.

What really gets to me is when people don't know they're beautiful or incredibly good-looking, feeling sorry for themselves because they don't believe in their appearance. So what if you look at yourself and don't see beauty? Did you know that you can see more imperfections on your own face than anyone looking at you sees? That means we see your beauty more than you do. It's all about perception! When you call somebody beautiful do you change your mind when you find out they think they look awkward? NO! That being said, I'm only talking about outer beauty now. People are drawn to beautiful hearts as well, your looks mean very little to someone that loves you for your personality (that's what I see anyway).

Then there's confidence! Confidence can make a deforming scar look like a bold declaration of strength. It turns gross acne into just another minor feature on a face filled with pride. Truly, if you want to look attractive, the best way to do so is by inspiring yourself with confidence! Tell yourself you're looking sharp today and repeat it until you believe it. Every time you see yourself, say something positive about your looks. "Nice dimple today, me!" or "Savvy hair sir!" or whatever you feel like telling yourself. Even "2 eyes, a nose and mouth, skin... So normal!" (not that you have to look 'normal' to be attractive either!).
Confident = Attractive
So hold your shoulders up, look people in the eye and stare those suckers down. Heck, even make them feel uncomfortable so that they look away from your confident gaze if you feel like it!

Yisssss! Another successful post! Simon says "Be happy!". If you don't try - and it does require some effort on your part at times - then you have no right to complain!

Sayonara!
Mr. Bankart

5 comments:

  1. Another great post from an incredibly good looking man! It's true, actually. I can't remember a time when you weren't incredibly good looking... Hell, when I was two and you were a baby, you already got WAY more compliments than I did. :P You looker, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only are you a looker but the way I remember it, quite sharp as well...especially with my kitchen knife :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laugh out loud funny! And good sense, too. It's true. Your mama don't make no ugly children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Ben, love it! Very inspiring, So now you inspiring me to blog 😃

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES. I'm going to show this to my female friends. :D

    ReplyDelete