12 November, 2015

THE END OF THE WORLD!

PUPPY!!!
It's the end of the world as we know it,
It's the end of the world as we know it,
It's the end of the world as we know it,
And I feel dry...

The world shall end not with a bang, but a water-less, crackly whimper...

That's right folks - there is drought in the air. I don't know how many days I've gone without a bath... Thank goodness I can shower every week! Seriously though. We didn't have water for nearly 2 whole days and I thought I was going to die :'( I felt so filthy because I couldn't shower on Tuesday evening like I normally do. I live for those weekly Tuesday showers... Not having running water is enough to drive you mad!

Well, with the drought and my random rants. That will probably drive you crazy rather soon. So now I'm treating the water that we do have with a great deal more respect, you're taught a little humility when you realise how lost you are without it. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, they say... And since you are made up of an astonishing 70% water, you get pretty fond pretty fast.

Speaking of distance


I really need to talk to my dad and sisters! I feel like a bad sibling-son when I don't talk to them for so long, why do I suck so much when it comes to keeping contact? I would like to take this time and space to send a shout-out first to my dad, thank you for being so great and raising me so lovingly. Then thank you Carol for marrying my dad and making him so happy. Thank you Kathryn for being the best (little) sister in the world, and I'm so proud of you for studying so far from home and your beloved family (I mostly mean me ;) but our parents too). Thank you Caroline for being the greatest (also little but older) sister in the world! Of course you also make me so proud, what with you having your own place in such a beautiful area and getting married. I am soooo excited for that. And lastly but not leastly, thank you Francois for bringing joy to my sister's heart. bro. Okay I think that's it for the shout-out, so lastly I just want you all to know that I love you! Even if I don't call every day. Or week. Or month... I do think of you all, I promise :)

As my beautiful girlfriend quoted on her blog, "Ohana"! (for those of you that don't know, Ohana means family. And family means no-body gets left behind, or forgotten)
- Thanks Jess
Yours in writing
Benjamin

4 comments:

  1. Lol...
    I doubt not having water is easy for anyone.
    Thanks for the compliment babe. Well done on another great post.
    I'm soooo proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here we are - drifting away on a swollen river. Hmmm...now how can I share that with you so you can shower before I get there :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...but a waterless, crackly whimper" I love that! That's exactly how the air feels in Joburg. Crackly. Of course, you posted this, and it rained immediately, if not very much. Do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you for thanking mom and I every day! We accept hugs as payment - as long as you keep them as high as at least 2 a day!

    There I was feeling so sorry for myself without water and forgetting how much you loooove your long showers...ALWAYS a man that smells great!

    ReplyDelete