27 September, 2015

STRESS!!!

Sorry, I know that the title is quite alarming.


That intense tightness in your chest, those heightened senses that you're experiencing this very moment... All caused by your stress levels rising from the shock and horror of my post title. Your mind wonders: "What!? Where will this stress come from? This is distressing! What if I'm not ready? Can it be avoided!? What the hell is going on!?" but just calm down! You'll be A-OKAY! Your life is in no immediate danger. Except perhaps a STRESS INDUCED HEART ATTACK!

If you have yet to have a heart attack from all the stress and uncertainty which I have caused thus far, you're probably going to be fine. The first paragraph is always the worst... Well done dear reader, you are one of the strong ones. A true survivor. A role model for all of us! Kudos to you! Everybody else that survived that, please give this individual an applause! (sounds of whistling and ecstatic clapping ensues)

Ways  to handle stress:


If there is something trying to kill you, then stress is good! A moment of heightened tension is healthy when it helps you to survive, and it is literally healthy for your body to experience a little adrenaline once in a while. Continued stress levels all day every day wears on your mind and body, and that is bad. End of story. (but not blog post)

Expect the unexpected.

Always expect and prepare for everything, and you will never be caught off guard. In case you cannot prepare for every eventuality, please take the following steps under advisement:
  • DON'T PANIC!
  • If you find yourself stressed out, breath in long deep breaths. This stops you from hyperventilating and keeps your feet on the ground. It should help you to calm down a little.
  • Look around you, observe your surroundings! You may notice that the situation isn't as bad as you initially thought. Are there any Bunnies nearby? No. You're safe. Nothing is trying to kill you right now.
  • Remember to keep your towel with you at all times. They have so many uses, you'd be a fool to leave home without it.
  • Lastly, relax! Don't be stressin' for little things, just be happy. Look at what you've got - family, friends, chocolate, an internet connection... What more could you want!?

"Don't wo-rry!
Be ha-ppy!
'cause every little thing... Is gonna be alright!
Do do do dooo do do do!" - Bobby McFerrin

I'd like to make a quick "Thank you" to all my lovely readers (yes, you!). Thank you for helping me reach 1,000 page views at 10pm last Friday night, I couldn't have done it without you! Okay well technically I could have, but it would have taken a butt load of clicks and I'd probably have gotten bored really quickly! :P

So long!
Brother-lady, out

7 comments:

  1. Hello brother-lady! By the way, I don't know if you're aware of this, but you can set things up so that it doesn't count page views from your personal computer. :) If you want to do that, of course. It'll give you a slightly better idea of how many other people are viewing your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, I do have it set up to not view my page views. But I could've done 1000 views myself if I wanted ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm to stressed out to write much of a comment. Please excuse me while I fetch a towel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dis-stressed...de-stressed...won't stress.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha... You're using my favourite saying!!! Well done Babe. Another great post. So proud of you!!!! Congratulations on your 1000 views. so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where were you with this wisdom when I was a little kid?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just a sproglet with snot hanging from my nose back then, I didn't know what stress was yet :P

      Delete